Sunday, May 4, 2008

Unti Petite Sirah 2004: B+

In search for something to lift our spirits after the dissapoint Stag's Leap, we headed for one of my favorite vineyards Unti. Everytime I type Unti into Microsoft Word it autocorrects me to "Unit" and for a moment I think about how sweet it would be if there existed such thing as G-Unit vineyards....anyways.... Josh got a little burnt rubber on the nose, but it was Becky, being the first to taste, who seemed to hit the nail on the head by calling out the cherry. I tasted an even sweeter cherry cola characterization - not sour at all, and Josh echoed my sentiment by chiming in and adding a "vanilla". Josh has also felt a little semi-sweet chocolaty finish. This one was definitely inkier than the Stag's Leap, and fruity, but not overly bomby. There were nice tannins, and this one seemed versatile enough to be enjoyed on it's own, or with the Granja de Oro pollo saltado that I happened to be savoring tonight.....as i often do. Overall this was a great wine. Winezap has this wine costing 26 bucks, but I swear it was in the $18-$19 range. Not so sure if I would buy this wine again at 26 bucks, but at 18 i might consider a case....hence the B+. Josh concurs.

No comments: