Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ray's Station Cabernet Sauvignon 2005: A-


I loved this wine. I really wish I had written down why last night while I was drinking it. I remember thinking, "this wine is great - i am going to give in an A- because i like it so much" but can't exactly recall why. i do remember that it was a bit fruitier than one expects cabs to be. i also remember how every time my glass neared empty, i got excited about pouring myself more. also, it is in the medium price range ($13-$17 depending where you get it)....like the rest of this annoyingly vague post, i don't remember where i bought this, but did i mention, i really like it :)

3 comments:

beckster said...

I love this wine too - picked it up at Whole Foods., Yumm City.

mainer chris said...

yeah...you picked it up at wholefoods because i put it in your husbands basket. advantages of grocery shopping with your brother AND your husband :)

northof89 said...

Just had a 2006 at a restaurant in Barrie, Ontario and it was too acidic, couldn't finish it. However, last year we had a 2005 (I think) from this vineyard and it was much better.